Seekonk Speedway


¦D. Anthony Venditti, “The Godfather of New England Auto Racing,” began construction of Seekonk Speedway in 1945.

¦ On May 30, 1946, the gates were opened for the first time.

¦D. Anthony owned, operated, and promoted the Speedway until his death in 1991.

¦His wife Irene continued operating the speedway until her passing in 2014

¦ His son Francis Venditti, and grandson David Alburn continue the tradition of operating the speedway.

¦Seekonk Speedway has been family owned, operated, and promoted for 70 consecutive years. (2015)

¦One of the most successful short track operations in the country, Seekonk Speedway is also known as “The Action Track of the East,” “The Cement Palace,” and “The Fast Track to Family Fun.”

¦Racing is scheduled for 26 weeks, starting in May and extending through October. Season ending specials include the “D. Anthony Venditti Memorial Festival of Racing”

¦The track is 1/3 mile at the outside rim and 1320 feet at the inside line.

¦The track is banked at 7 feet on four separate and distinct turns.

¦The straights are 420 feet in length.

¦At 72 feet, the track is wide enough to allow 3 and 4 abreast racing. It is the widest track in New England.

¦There are nine divisions of race cars. The premiere division is the famous Pro Stocks that originated in 1978 – extending the Speedway’s long line of firsts in auto racing.

¦Centrally located on Route 6 just off 195, exits 1 or 2, the Speedway is situated between Providence and Fall River. It has easy access to all major highways, with many hotels, restaurants, and shopping centers nearby.